Are you wondering if Instagram is a good place to raise awareness of your YouTube channel?
Of course! Here’s why.
With more than 1 billion active users, Instagram is one of the hottest platforms for business promotion.
Next, the Instagram community is used to watching promotional content while they’re browsing the platform.
In fact, about 800 million users follow at least one business account, and many of them do so to get updates on the latest products and promotions.
So, you can depend on it to get some valuable exposure for your YouTube channel.
And with about 600 videos uploaded to YouTube every 10 minutes, the competition is getting serious by the second, so let’s get to business!
1. Take Care of Your Instagram and YouTube Profiles
If we’re going to do some serious Instagram marketing, we have to get your Instagram profile in proper shape. Many people will want to see your profile before checking out your YouTube and should find an optimized, good-looking, and informative profile.
Here are the things to take care of:
- Make sure that your Instagram name doesn’t have dots or periods. This makes it easier to remember and search for later
- Have a short but informative profile bio. The bio is an excellent tool to let people know what you’re doing
- The link to your YouTube profile in the bio. This is a must, obviously, and try to make to shorten it using the tools like Tiny URL or URL Shortener
- Use hashtags in the bio. If you’ve got a hashtag to represent your YouTube business, it should absolutely be included in your Instagram bio, too.
Here’s an example of a profile that meets most of the points above (the reason why there’s no mention what the person does because the owner of the profile is Andrew Rea, a well-known chef and filmmaker).
Next stop, your YouTube profile.
To make a good first impression, you need to make sure that every title, description, meta tag, and keywords are optimized.
The YouTube profile of Rea is also great to share here. The visuals are great and consistent, the copy is natural and reads well, and the branding is consistent with Instagram.
So, to begin the promotion, you need good-looking and optimized YouTube and Instagram profiles to work with. People need to see that you know what you’re doing and your content is worth checking out.
Next, we’re going to build interest in it by sharing some content.
2. Share Teaser Videos and Photos